Every space makes a statement inside this architectural masterpiece thoroughly remodeled in 2020. Nestled on the border of a redwood forest in a kind, active community, the residence offers breathtaking views of San Francisco Bay, access to woodland trails, and a skillful blend of bold, modern luxury with the soft, timeless serenity of nature.
Originally designed in 1962 for Jack and Dot Nash, this home known as Nash House is situated on a spectacular site on the east side of the Santa Cruz Mountains. As the cumulation of the lengthy career of architect John Replinger, whose work can be found in rural Illinois, Michigan, and Florida, Nash House follows the historic modernist style and represents one of Replinger’s finest works.
A gated motor court welcomes guests, and a massive entry door pivots to reveal pristine interiors with espresso hardwood floors, museum lighting, and floor-to-ceiling glass. Streamlined gathering areas with a custom gourmet kitchen by LEICHT® join a sleeping wing of three bedrooms on the main level, including a breathtaking owner suite with luxury custom closets and sensational spa. The lower level is dominated by an immense lounge with beverage bar and surround sound, designed for fitness and media entertainment.
No expense was spared in the home’s meticulous redesign. Premier materials are displayed throughout, while elements like Fleetwood® sliding doors, designer baths, and a floating staircase add contemporary drama. State-of-the-art technology allows remote access to nearly every system in the home, programmable to a central touchpad or personal smartphone.
Leisure spaces unfold from the residence on both levels, including a terraced retreat and a sprawling rear deck that presents panoramas of the canyon, surrounding mountains, and beyond. Also included are a lower-level guest suite, showroom-worthy garage with studio, and climate-controlled wine cellar for 550+ bottles.
Immersed in peace, privacy, and natural beauty, this exclusive setting lends you speedy access to some of the Bay Area’s most scenic nature preserves. Attractions like The Mountain House and Alice’s Restaurant are moments away, and you can quickly drive to shopping and fine dining in the Village of Woodside. Proximity to elite schools and commuter routes makes this showstopping home equally convenient and enticing.
- Home of 4,711 sq. ft.
- Lot of 4.84 Acres
- 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms
- Reimagined and extensively remodeled in 2020
- Stunning views of mountains and San Francisco Bay
- Known as Nash House and designed in 1962 by architect John Replinger
- Floor-to-ceiling windows, circular skylights, and Fleetwood® sliding doors
- Architectural details include espresso hardwood floors, floating stairs, and museum lighting
- Climate control, lighting, window shades, media, and surveillance operated by central touchpad or smartphone
- Great room with fireplace and dining area with modern pendant chandelier share indoor-outdoor layout
- Custom kitchen by LEICHT® presents accent backsplash, open shelving, and galley pantry
- Premier appliances include both gas and induction cooktops by Wolf®, and oversized refrigerator and microwave, oven, and warming drawer trio by Miele®
- Three bedrooms including owner suite form sleeping wing on main level while separate guest suite is downstairs; all have outdoor access
- Owner suite encased in glass enjoys dazzling views, surround sound, sitting area, and extensive custom closets
- Zen-inspired owner spa boasts freestanding tub, heated floors, and platform dual shower
- Lower-level lounge wired for media entertainment includes beverage bar and space for fitness or meditation
- Every bath is luxuriously appointed with custom vanities and designer fixtures
- Climate-controlled wine cellar provides racking for 550+ bottles
- Attached two-car garage with epoxy floors connects to laundry center with Miele® appliances and studio/workshop with outdoor access
- Gated grounds showcase motor court, terraced retreat with synthetic turf, and covered patios overlooking the canyon
- Vast wraparound deck offers retractable canopy and unforgettable panoramas
- Premier access to biking, hiking, and horseback-riding trails
- Nearby scenery at Wunderlich County Park and Thornewood, La Honda Creek, and El Corte Madera Creek Preserves
- Moments from Alice’s Restaurant, The Mountain House, and cycling along Kings Mountain Road
- Convenient to Skyline Boulevard, Interstate 280, and boutiques, groceries, and Michelin-rated dining in the Village of Woodside
- Students are near elite Woodside Priory and sought-after Portola Valley schools like Ormondale Elementary and Corte Madera Middle (buyer to verify)